It’s that time of year again . . . when you see trail rides on the feeder streets of the freeways with people proudly mounted on their horses, hayrides, chuck wagons . . . and people waving to everybody they can see. Obviously, traffic can be a bit of a problem in Houston, Texas during this great rodeo event, but it’s worth the hassles. The folks who run the rodeo have really made it fairly easy to get in and out of the facilities for the rodeo.
The rodeo offers music, food, great shopping, bar-b-que contests, ribbons galore for judged animals that children have raised, a great carnival, roping events, riding events, calf grabbing for kids . . . and, oh my goodness . . . so very, very much more. There is something for everyone. I hope you have the opportunity to make it to at least a few of the events this year.
There is a great music program during the Houston rodeo that is always very well attended. Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Kevin Fowler and Alan Jackson have already performed. Don’t worry, though . . . there are many other performers to see each night of the rodeo. They are:
- Friday, March 7 – Black Heritage Day – John Legend
- Saturday, March 8 – Martina McBride
- Sunday, March 9 – Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus
- Monday, March 10 – Sugarland
- Tuesday, March 11 – Rascal Flatts
- Wednesday, March 12 – John Fogerty
- Thursday, March 13 – Toby Keith
- Friday, March 14 – Clay Walker
- Saturday, March 15 – Brad Paisley
- Sunday, March 16 – Go Tejano Day – Duelo and Los Horoscopos de Durango
- Monday, March 17 – Miranda Lambert
- Tuesday, March 18 – Big & Rich
- Wednesday, March 19 – Fergie
- Thursday, March 20 – Dierks Bentley
- Friday, March 21 – Pat Green
- Saturday, March 22 – Brooks & Dunn
Can you even imagine this much talent being in one place during this short interval of time?!?!?! What a great opportunity to go see your favorite entertainers!
There is always something going on somewhere at the Houston rodeo. You will thoroughly enjoy being a part of it. However, at the end of the day . . .IF you can take off your boots . . .you’ll really enjoy putting your feet up and resting. You’ll have had a wonderful day!
Meg and Jim Zoller – The Zoller Group of Keller Williams Realty, The Metropolitan
Please view our website, http://www.finehomeshouston.com/ . Also, feel free to contact us at:
Toll Free: 800-808-6153
Cells: Meg – 713-875-4844 Jim – 713-545-6338