7 Steps to Reduce Your Monthly Bills
Money-saving Tips to Save for Your Next Houston Home Purchase
In my previous Houston real estate blog post, we discussed money-saving household tips. In this post, I’ll share 7 ways to save when paying (and reducing) your monthly bills. These thrifty tips really apply to anyone and makes no difference if you are planning to buy a home for sale in Houston or just seeking common sense ways to pinch a few pennies. Remember, the goal here is to “fatten” the piggy bank!)
7 Ways to Save
Below are your 7 strategies to cut your monthly expenses now:
- If you own a home in Houston and you can afford it, double up on your monthly payments. This will help reduce the interest owed on your loan
- Review your monthly car and household insurance premiums and try to increase your deductible
- Ask for the best rates with your cable/satellite provider
- Drop your long distance phone service and either secure a prepaid long distance card or download Skype (It’s a FREE internet based phone service that also offers video conferencing-very cool!)
- Drop your hard-wired phone and only use your cell phone
- Pay your bills online and save on postage
- Pay your bills online on-time and avoid late fees
What cost-saving ways do you use to reduce your monthly expenses? Leave a comment and share your ideas.
What’s Coming Next?
In my next post I’ll reveal 8 money-saving strategies to help you come up with the cash you need to purchase your next Fine Home in Houston.
October 22nd, 2008 at 11:56 pm
Great advice, can’t wait for the next post!